Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It is my last day of work here at the Diocesan offices for the year. Tomorrow, I will be headed to Cape Town, SA to spend Christmas and New Years with some of the other YASC volunteers in Africa, Holly, Jenny, Cameron, Steve, and Benjamin & Elizabeth. I figure if you can't spend Christmas with family, spending it with friends is the second best option!

This will be my last post of the year. There probably wont be any internet where we are all staying in Cape Town, so I wanted to take a minute to wish you all a safe and merry Christmas! I'm incredibly grateful for all of your love and support while I'm over here in Lesotho. Thanks to everyone who sent me Christmas cards! What's better than snail mail? Absolutely nothing, I tell you. If you would like to send me some mail, send it to the following address:

C/O Jared Grant
PO Box 87
Maseru 100
Lesotho

I love getting mail, so please write away! I promise to write you back.

It is difficult to get into the Christmas spirit when it's 80 degrees most days. You would think that since my local grocery store has been playing Christmas music since early October, I might have noticed Christmas creeping up! But alas, I did not notice it at all. This will be my first Christmas away from home. With so many of our Christmas traditions be centered around the family, it is weird to not be home this year. Im also missing the month long break that I grew so accustomed to during college. To all of my college readers, CHERISH IT! The real world is not as charitable with time off.

Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My next post will be in 2013. Sala hantle!

No comments:

Post a Comment